OUR AIMS and OBJECTIVESTo provide a quality cinematic experience that is accessible to the communities of Orford, Triabunna, Buckland and their environs.
To promote the cinema and related performing arts activities to the community of the East coast of Tasmania.
To involve and educate the community in a diverse range of entertainment, media and theatre.
The Orford Odeon is a volunteer-run, registered, not-for-profit Community Association which screens films to provide a Cinematic Experience that is accessible financially to the entire Community and raise money to fund projects that are of benefit to the community.
Every month, and sometimes twice during school holidays, The Orford Odeon screens films. The Odeon Café serves popcorn, chocolates, healthy snack packs, beer, wine, champagne and soft drinks. To create a sense of occasion, decorations complement each film and add something very special to the night’s atmosphere and entertainment.
Approximately 15 films, chosen from a diverse range and catering to all tastes, are shown each year. Patrons go not only to see the film, but also to mix, mingle and catch up with friends at The Orford Odeon. There’s even a free door-to-door Bus Service, servicing patrons in Buckland, Orford and Triabunna!
One of the best things about The Orford Odeon is that all tickets cost only $5. For locals, not having to drive 70 Kilometres or more (and back) to see a film is also a bonus! But the knowledge that all proceeds from this unique project go to benefit the local community, puts an extra special smile on the faces of those who support this local enterprise.
We hope that you will have the chance soon to experience The Orford Odeon!
David Kirk – Orford Odeon
To find out what’s on when @ The Orford Odeon:
- Join our Email-out list by contacting David Kirk: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Look for posters & flyers around Orford & Triabunna
- Visit: www.triabunnavillage.com.au (click on Orford Odeon)
- Visit: www.eastcoasttasmania.com (click on Events)
- For further information contact: David Kirk: 6257 1009
- 2011 – The Orford Odeon was awarded a Certificate of Excellence by Keep Australia Beautiful (TAS) for: “providing a wonderful entertainment venue for the entire community”.
- 2011 & 2012 – David Kirk & Gavan Barber were awarded Certificates of Appreciation by Keep Australia Beautiful (TAS) for “Their caring for the community, the young & the old, through the Orford Odeon programs”.
- 2013 – David & Gavan were awarded a Certificate of Appreciation by Rural Alive & Well (RAW) “in recognition of their ongoing support” through their work at The Orford Odeon.
- 2014 – Orford Odeon was awarded a Sustainable Communities Award Tidy Towns, Community Action & Partnerships) – For nearly 4 years, your successful money-raising ventures have benefitted GSB communities, particularly its younger members.